|Tax Status:||Tax Exempt|
|Tax Information:||Tax Paid|
Weir Quay. Devon UK|
Price reduced to sale.
• Year: 1979
• Located at Plymouth, Weir Quay, United Kingdom
A twin-keel 6-berth boat designed for relaxed family cruising, which performs well and has excellent stability and sea-keeping qualities. Sailed in the West Country until 2001 in which time she has crossed the Channel several times. The Solent until 2002 when extensive refurbishment was carried out. We’ve owned her since 2008, Sailing in the West Country. We are selling her due to family commitments and a move to Kayaking.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Cobramold Ltd Designer: Frank Pryor
LOA: 8.23m LWL: 6.7m Beam: 2.81m Displacement: 2.8t Draft: 1.19m Ballast: 1 .52
Engine(s): Beta Engine(s) HP: 20 Engine Model: 2GM Hours: 160
Fuel: 55 lt (11G)
Mechanical & Electrical
• 20 HP Beta 3-cylinder water-cooled (with 40amp alternator) -installed 2004 only 310hrs as at 2020
• Volvo saildrive membrane replaced 2004
• New Volvo 2-blade propeller (2005)
• Stainless steel fuel tank (55L) fitted 2000
• Manual bilge pump; electric bilge pump (2004);
• All circuits re-wired throughout with new fused control panel, interior lighting units & 12v accessory sockets added (2005-06); steaming & deck light unit replaced 2007
• 2 x 12v 90amp/hr Delphi batteries (2004) with independent isolator switching
• Replacement oak tiller (2017)
• 4 x Barlow 2-speed winches with (2 x floating winch handles)
• Cockpit table + leg
• Stainless steel pushpit & pulpit with covered guard wires
• 251b CQR anchor + 1x 10m chain & warp (2006) Danforth kedge anchor + 70m chain &warp (2006)
• Acrylic washboards (2005)
• Cockpit bimini cover
• Boathooks (2)
• Large assortment warps &lines Spray-hood & dodgers (2006) from Quay Sails, Poole.
Sails & Spars
• S-spars mast & boom
• Sails all by Quay Sails, Poole.
• Main (2007) -fully-battened; lazy-jack & stackaway system all new May 2007
• Genoa (2007) 120%-size; UV strip-brand-new fitted May 2007
• Cruising chute (2005) with snuffer & separate guy line
Cabin & Domestic
The saloon has 4 berths a dinette double, quarter berth and another full-length single berth (with padded leeboard). Another double berth (or 2 singles) is in the forward cabin. The headroom throughout of 6’ 1 ½’’ careful design and ability to seat six crew inside with ease makes this boat feel like a 30-footer!
• Chronometer; barometer; stereo radio-cassette; cockpit cushions; (note: all interior cushions
re-zipped re-filled with fire-retardant foam in 2005).
• Plastimo Neptune 2000 cooker, grill + hob (2005); Set (x6) cutlery, Melamine plates etc, mugs; cooking pans.
• Additional interior lighting;
• Jabsco sea-toilet (refurbished 2003).
Navigation & Safety
• Nasa SX35 DSC radio (2005)
• Navman 5110 ono screen GPS & chart-plotter with C maps 2010 (new antenna 2004)
• Tacktick echo sounder & log (2004)
• Raymarine tiller-pilot ST2000 (2006)
• Off-shore set of flares (out of date).
• 2 x foam fire extinguishers
• Fire blanket
• Foghorn (aerosol can)
• Baltic lifebuoy + line+ light
• Danbuoy (mounted on pushpit)
• Balcan throwing line
• Hand-held spotlight
• Firdell radar-reflector
• Emergency VHF antenna + co-axial
• Boarding/bathing ladder
• Deck-length jackstay webbing (2005)
• Boathooks; throwing bag
• 6 fenders (including a Fenderstep)
• Miscellaneous charts, (UK & N France)
• Various courtesy flags
• First Aid kit
• Nylon webbing mast-ladder.
History & Construction
Entire hull slurry-blasted 2003 with 2 coats epoxy primer; anti-fouled annually; all sea-cocks replaced 2003-04, all hull & deck mastic joints and beading replaced 2003-04 Wintered ashore each year.
• SSR No; 09143
• Build No; 128 (sail No 128
• Year Hull Built; 1979
• Commissioned; 1980
• Colour; White Grp hull & deck and all textiles Marching Royal Blue
|Vessel type:||Cruising Yacht|
|Builder:||Cobramold Ltd Designer|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Beta Engine 2GM|
|Drive type:||Sail drive|
|Length over all:||27'|
|Length at waterline:||6m|
|Hull material:||Glass Fibre|
|Keel type:||Twin Keel|
|Displacement:||3 metric tons|
|Fuel capacity:||55 Gallons|
|Water capacity:||22 Gallons|